Thursday, July 11, 2013

Jenn's Favorites

I have always been a big fan of Oprah's favorite things that she use to air a few times a year. I always wondered how those lucky S.O.Bs not only had a chance to see her show in person but receive every single favorite item she revealed that day. I was trying to think of a post tonight and this came to mind. We can call them "Jenn's favorites". Unfortunately, I won't be giving any of these away but....the good news is that I am an extremely practical person so these items are very reasonably priced. I hope to give people ideas to try new things and give my 2 cents on items that really work!

So here we go....


Maybelline Falsies Mascara


 I tried this mascara about a year ago and fell in love. It not only is only $5.94 but can be found at most every drugstore in the nation. This mascara will literally extend your lashes beyond your highest expectations. I personally love it because I can wear a little during the day at work and have a natural looking long lash, yet apply a thicker coat when going out at night for a more glamours look.

Indie Hair Products


 I can thank my awesome hairdresser for this one! I was a little reluctant to buy these products because it was a little more pricey than I was use to. I bit the bullet and paid $28 of the shampoo and conditioner (together). Mark my words, it is the BEST hair products I have ever used! My hair immediately felt softer, smoother, and silkier. I LOVE IT. Don't be fooled by the petite bottles. I have used the same bottles of shampoo and conditioner for 3 months.


This iPhone App is specifically for people who like to run, want to learn how to run, or want to train for a race (5k, 10k, Half Marathon, or Marathon). This item not only has specific weekly training plans just for you but it is FREE!! I do not take a run without this. This program speaks to you in your headphones and lets you know how fast you are going, how far you have run, and your time. You can choose a playlist from your music to run to and it will update you on your running every 5 minutes. It also has GPS so you literally don't have to clock a course before you run. You literally just go... 

Sally Hansen Salon Nail Polish

 Usually I am skeptical with products that try to compare themselves to professional products like "salon care". I was at Walmart and thought, "what the heck", and decided I should try this. I can honestly say this product is the closest thing to getting a professional manicure that I have used. It has a flat brush with makes it so easy to apply. This nail polish also has a large variety of colors to choose from, which I like. It runs around $6.49 and will last you a good 10 wears.

"As Seen On TV" Heel Tastic 


Are you thinking, "is she for real"? Yep, this might be a "As Seen on TV" product but it works! It is only $9.99 and can be purchased at most drug stores. This one container has lasted me more than 6 months! I use this a few times a week in the mornings before I put on my shoes. It is an easy way to keep my heels smooth! The only negative aspect to this product is the smell. It is not terrible, but definitely smells like a foot product ;) It is still worth it to me!

Well there you have it. Five of my favorite items I use on a regular basis. I not only love to be introduced to new products people love but hope I can return the gift with these posts. 

My friends and I have even gone as far as to have a "My Favorites" girls' night. We all wrapped up one of our favorite items under $10. We went to dinner, picked names, and exchanged gifts. The person giving the gift would explain why they brought what they did. It was a ton of fun! 

Most importantly... good items don't have to cost an arm and a leg!



No comments:

Post a Comment