15 Old Wives' Tales...how real are they?
I couldn't resist doing this post before we find out the gender of Baby Trammell #3 this upcoming Monday. Sorry guys...this post may be more interesting to the ladies out there but I think it is fun and interesting for everyone! If you are pregnant, take these tests and see what your percentage is!
Legend has it that if the baby's heartbeat is above 140 bpm it is a girl. Anything lower, a boy
My baby's heartbeat is consistently in the 150s, which means GIRL
#2 Shape of Mom's Face
When your face gets rounder and fuller when you are pregnant, this means girl, if it seems narrower you will have a boy.
My face has always been round lol. Guess this means GIRL
#3 Mayan Tale
For this test you add the age of the mother and the year of conception. If it is odd than you will have a boy, if it is even than you will have a girl!
I was 30 years old in 2013 when this baby was conceived. I added 30 + 2013 = 2043 which is odd. Means BOY for me!
If a pregnant lady has a significant amount of increased breakouts during pregnancy this means girl. If your skin is free of this nasty pimples it means boy!
I have definitely had more breakouts than clear skin. This means GIRL for me!
Salty or sweet? Woman who are having girls are said to have more sweet cravings and woman having boys tend to crave meat and salty items!
I am a sweets fanatic this pregnancy. GIRL for me!
#6 Eyelid Skin
This is a weird one! If you are pregnant take down your lower left eyelid. If there is a veins that are shaped like a "V" or branches you are having a girl. If not, you are having a boy!
Yep, I actually did this...I am crazy lol. I have a distinct "V" on the inside of my lower eyelid. GIRL!
#7 Baking Soda
Take a solo cup and put 1 tbsp of baking soda in the bottom. Urinate into another cup. Pour your urine over the baking soda. Does it Fizz? This means boy, if not you will have a girl!
LOTS of fizz. BOY all the way!
Are your legs getting bigger? This means boy! If you legs are lean and lovely, this means girl!
My legs haven't changed much. GIRL!
#9 Mood Swings
Are you more moody than normal? If so you will have a girl. If you are pleasant as ever, it is a boy for you!
My mood swings are off the charts. (I feel sorry for my husband! haha) GIRL!
#10 Bread Crust
Do you like to eat the crust or end of the bread? Boy for you! Those who peel the crust off or want a middle piece of bread, you will have a girl!
I have never liked crust, yuck. GIRL for me!
#11 Chinese Gender Calendar
Go to this website and choose your age and month of conception. It will tell you girl or boy in 20 seconds!
This was a BOY for me!
#12 Red Cabbage Test
Buy a red cabbage from the store and chop it in pieces. Bring a pot of water to a boil in your kitchen. Add Cabbage. Let it boil for 30 minutes. Pour the water from the pot (not the cabbage just the water) into a cup of your urine. What is the color? If you get Pink/Red is boy and Blue/Purple is a girl!
Yes, I did this too... It was a dark blue/purple. GIRL!
Are you pregnant and have dreamt you are having a girl or a boy? Well guess what? It will be the opposite of what gender was in your dreams!
I have had three dreams, 1 with it being a boy and 2 with it being a girl. Guess I will choose the most common, which was girl dreams. BOY for me!
Getting headaches? That means a boy for you! No headaches? That means girl!
I had a time period where I was getting a lot of headaches. BOY for me!
#15 Morning Sickness
Feeling ill? The more sick you are the more likely you are having a girl!
I am much more nauseous with this pregnancy than with my two sons. I think it is my sense of smell that gets me sick! GIRL!
Now let's tally up my results!
I had 10 Girl results and 5 Boy results from the above list.
Looks like I have a 67% chance of having a GIRL and a 33% of having a Boy!
We will see this upcoming Monday :)
I would love to hear from y'all about how accurate these were for you. If you are pregnant let me know your percentage! If you already have a child see how accurate these tales were for you! Write me some comments with your results!