Sunday, August 18, 2013

Are you an 80's Girl??



A few of my friends posted this link on Facebook and I LOVED IT! It brought back so many memories and honestly I had forgotten about some of my favorite toys and accessories of the 80's! The website lists "53 Things Only 80's Girls Can Understand" but I just picked 15 of my favorites. I would suggest reading the whole article though, it is fabulous! READ IT HERE

Remember when...

#1 
It was such a struggle getting your Popple into its original ball shape!


#2 The importance of nailing the sideways ponytail...

#4 
Getting a new Cabbage Patch Doll, hanging her Birth Certificate on the wall and carrying her around with you everywhere?
#5 
Every 80's girl owned every style scrunchie imaginable? It was your "statement" piece!


#6 
Every girl organized her cosmetics, jewelry, and hair products into their awesome Caboodle?


#7 
You weren't cool unless you had a SWATCH WATCH



#8 
You went through like one Sweet Valley book a day?


#9 
"You Can't Do That On Television"?? Did it completely creep you out yet you still continued to watch? Yep...they were "slimed"!

#10 
You raced home to watch "After School Specials" b/c you felt edgy watching them?


#11 
It was a struggle to try to keep your shirt clip tights?


#12 
This was a status symbol? I couldn't believe this was included on the list. I totally owned this! It was my first phone :)


#13 
You loved NKOTB and every type of memorabilia that your allowance would afford you to buy? I seriously wore a pin to school haha!


#14
La Gear high tops?....yes please!



#15
We were the first to experience Easy Bake Ovens? You would think after 30 years the treats would taste better....


There you have it! Fifteen incredible items that made our 80's experience complete. Hope you enjoyed strolling down memory lane with some of these things that we have brushed under the rug for so long. I don't know about y'all but I can't wait to show my kids how cool I was back in the day! LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment