Friday, August 23, 2013

10 Clever Ways to Organize Your Stuff!

I was browsing on Pintrest and came across a really awesome blog post about simple and clever ways to organize your household items. The list contained 50 ideas but I picked out my favorite 10! Check out the entire blog post from DIY Home Sweet Home Blog HERE .

Keep your cell phone off the floor or counter while it's charging by cutting an empty lotion bottle into a nifty cell phone holder. (BE CAREFUL: If you attempt this make sure your holder is resting on the plug and not the metal prongs which could cause a fire.)

My husband is constantly picking these up around the house lol. Add a magnetic strip to the inside of your bathroom cabinet or cupboard to store bobby pins, nail clippers, and tweezers.

Add shelving to the inside of closet doors to organize books and games!

Use shoe boxes to organize your drawers. This is an easy solution to typical messy drawer!

 Keep kids art work from getting out of control by making this fun art display. This allows kids to easily change and hang different artwork on a daily basis! You could also paint the clipboards to look vintage or rustic.

Attach jar lids to the underside of cabinets or shelves to organize all of the little things. Perfect for craft items, nuts and bolts, girls' hair accessories, or any other small items you have laying around the house. I am hoping that my husband will do this in his shop! :)

Recycle drawers by adding some wheels and use for under-the-bed rolling storage.

These shoe organizers are great for ANY door or cabinet. You can hang them in the laundry room for cleaning supplies or the kids bedroom to organize toys. Also perfect in the craft room for yarn, fabric, or other craft items. They are relativity inexpensive too!

I know we have all seen different ways to make jewelry holders, but his one caught my eye. Glue some clothespins or use screw hooks on a strip of wood for a creative way to organize belts and necklaces. You could also use the clothes pins to hang a small box or basket for chunky bracelets or other items that wont fit the clothespins. This would be great on a wall in a closet.

I don't know about y'all but I have these laying all around my bedroom and bathroom. Use this nifty clip to keep them together!

I may be attempting some of these ideas this weekend! I love how most are such great organizational ideas yet they are hidden from the public eye. If I could just get my children to love to organize at an early age with their toys....


No comments:

Post a Comment